Monday, June 10, 2013

Don't mess with Mickey

Jared is a HUGE Mickey Mouse fan.  Yes, he is becoming obsessed with Batman and Superman, but he still loves to watch Mickey Mouse Clubhouse.  I'm sure we have seen every episode at least a dozen times.He is such a believer that the other day at dinner he mentioned he hasn't seen a giant around here recently.  Hmm..go figure.

Awhile ago we had recorded "The Three Mouseketeers."  We finally started watching it.  Jared asked so many questions my head hurt.  Towards the end of the movie, Pete captures Mickey and puts him in chains in the dungeon.  I look over and streams of tears are falling down Jared's cheeks.  Through the tears he painfully asks what will happen to Mickey.  In his world, I am sure Jared is wondering how anyone could do something to such a lovable mouse.  I say, "Maybe someone will save him."  Jared perks up a bit and responds, "Maybe a super friend."

Before long Mickey is rescued.  Shocking, I know.  Of course, Mickey still has to go get Pete and rescue Minnie Mouse.  I start making dinner.  I am willing to live in suspense, not knowing how this will end.  The next thing I notice is there is a bang and the TV is vibrating.  Apparently, Jared intended to defend Mickey's honor and clocked Pete.  Fortunately, the TV and Jared survived this incident.  Even more fortunate, Mickey took care of Pete before Jared had to finish the job he started. 

1 comment: