Wednesday, October 9, 2013

Don't trust the eyes



It has been brought to my attention on numerous occasions that Colton has very nice, big, blue eyes.  We have sat along parade routes and had people in the parade stop to point this out.  Almost everywhere we go, someone will mention it.
  In the past several months, Colton has figured out how to use his eyes to get what he wants. It doesn't matter if we are getting groceries, picking up a prescription, or eating out, I almost always have a stranger (typically an older woman) tell me he was flirting with them.  This is typically followed up with such phrases like, "what a cutie" or "such a darling."  He will do it to people he knows.  I have seen him work his charm with my brother.  
I have word to describe all of Colton's victims: suckers.  Don't get me wrong, the kid is cute.  But he knows what he is doing.
The pictures below illustrate my point.  It is a time order of events.  First he pulls off the flower, then he turns on the charm.  



 Today hew as using his magic again.  We were outside and he pulled out his Little Tikes Car.  He got behind it and pushed it down the driveway.  He seemed to be impressed with the speed it gained going down the hill, because he quickly drug it back up the driveway to try again.  This time, I saw him push extra hard as it sailed down the drive.  It was no surprise it sailed right onto the road.  Colton stopped, looked at me, said "ah-oh," and smiled a very proud smile.  He can be such a stinker, but this sucker falls for those eyes everytime and I find it impossible to not smile back.  

No comments:

Post a Comment