Tuesday, April 30, 2013

You complete me

I know I have had similar themed blogs in the past, but I am fascinated and feel honored to watch Jared and Colton's relationship grow and strengthen. Today we were playing outside. It began with Colton being Jared's shadow. If Jared was stirring the mud soup, so was Colton. If Jared moved to the kitchen, there was Colton right by his side. Colton's eyes were glued to Jared, watching and learning.
Eventually, Colton noticed the sandbox was open, and he was off. This time Jared was right at his heels. They climbed in, and Jared worked with Colton to fill a bucket of sand. As I sat back and watched I thought how much Jared has changed because of Colton. He has learned patience (most days), he has learned compassion, he has become a teacher, and most of all a good friend. The best way I could sum up their relationship was the love line from Jerry McGuire. Colton completes Jared. Just as Jared completes Colton. I hope their relationship survives all the bumps and jolts it will get throughout life and they will always know they have each other.

1 comment: