Tuesday, September 10, 2013

It's 6:30 in Greenland

I have always been a pretty sound sleeper.  Having kids has changed that.  Waking all hours of the night to crying babies, makes you more aware of small sounds.  Having a sleep walking husband also makes me a littler sleeper.  I think there are times that I can still sleep pretty soundly.  Last night was one of those nights.

Around 3:30 last night I awake to Jared climbing on top of me in bed.  He scared the crap out of me.  I am so confused as to what is happening.  How did he get here?  What in the world is he doing?  What time is it?  Did I miss something?

Me: Jared, what are you doing?
Jared: I want to sleep in your bed?
Me: Huh?  What?
Jared: There is a 6 and a 3 in the front.
Me: (Looking at clock more closely) No, there is not.
Jared: Yes, there is.
Me: Look Jared, it starts with a 3.
Jared: But I want to sleep with you.
Me: Let's go potty instead.  (At 3 a.m. it seems logical to me that going potty is the same as sharing a bed)
Jared: Ok.  (At 3 a.m. it is logical to him to go potty instead of climbing into bed with mom and dad)

So, we go potty and get Jared back to bed.  I climb back into bed myself and think, how did he get so confused?  Perhaps he is taking after his father and has some sleep walking in his future.  Maybe he was just telling me what time it was in Greenland.  Tough to say.

No comments:

Post a Comment