Friday, September 13, 2013

Superhero Party

The Big 4 has arrived.  After months of playing Superheroes, I knew nothing would make Jared more happy than a Superhero Party.  After it was all done, I think my mission was accomplished.

First was the decorations. I bought a few things at the store, but find most of those to be a waste of money.  So, I made my own.  I printed out black and white pictures of Jared from this past year, and printed out colored speech bubbles.  I think it turned out really well.






I also started the tradition of making a shelf with the sign, "These are a few of my Favorite Things."  I place their favorite toys, books, games, etc. on this shelf.  It is personal touch and cost nothing.  In this case, it added to the Superhero theme.



For the party favors, I had each guest receive their own cape. Each guest was a different Superhero.  As I began planning the party, I knew nothing could be more exciting for Jared then everyone being a Superhero.








Even the adult guests got to be a Superhero.




I spent time trying to find great Superhero games.  I didn't have much luck.  So, I wrote down superpowers, and came up with some games.  Here is a link to the documents: Superhero party games

Game 1: Spiderman's Web.  I bought some cans of silly string from the dollar store. 



Game 2: Capture the Villain.  I printed out pictures of 10 villains.  I made a set for each guest.  Then I hid them.  Click  here to download the Villains.


Game 3: Shield/Frisbee Toss.  I had a stack of Frisbees and some boxes.  



Game 4: Kryptonite.  I really wanted to use Kryptonite in a game, but struggled for a good idea.  Since I already had the Villain capture I had to do something different.  So, I bough tongs from the dollar store.  I made blocks of ice using small plastic containers, and added green food coloring.  The object of the game is to move the Kryptonite from one bucket to another using the tongs.  Since the guests are all Superheroes, they can't touch the Kryptonite.  It was the kids favorite game.




Game 5: POW.  So, I didn't want actually fighting.  I figured I would just buy some punching balloons and have the kids do with them what they wanted. 




Food:
We made Bat signal Jell-O Jigglers. I had never made Jigglers before, but thought if this worked it would be pretty cool.



We made the a Captain America shield cake.



I also found lighting bolt ice cube trays.  I only had one tray.  So, I spent a week making ice cubes.  I thought they were neat.  The kids didn't even notice, but the adults did.


Well, we "Heroed up," and had a good time.  All of the effort was worth it, and Jared had a blast.  I'm sure he will remember it.

 

2 comments:

  1. Do you have a file of the bad guys you used for the villain capture game you could send me? I have been trying to find something for that and haven't found any decent images?

    ReplyDelete