Wednesday, February 6, 2013

Dentist

I have always had a dislike for dentist. I suppose it has something to do with falling down the stairs as an infant and always having "painted" front teeth. Despite my strong feelings, I have always had enthusiasm for the dentist when Jared is around.

Today we tried the dentist again. We went a year ago, because our pediatrician insisted 2 year olds need to go. Last year the dentist asked if Jared wanted to open wide. Jared said "no," and we were sent home.
This time we tried a different dentist who was a pediatric dentist. Two words: epic failure. Jared was eager to go. The dentist that came to daycare a month ago did an outstanding job convincing Jared this would be an awesome experience. Once Jared was in his seat, he could no longer be fooled. Since Jared had seemed ok, I had Colton out of his car seat. They put the bib on, and the crying starts. Crying would be an understatement. An all out scream fest transpired. Jared is begging to sit on my lap. Not going to happen. Wants to hold my hand. Ok. Then, he wants me closer. So, here I am straddling the vacuum suction machine, squatting down with a 9 month old on one hip and holding Jared's hand with my free hand, all the while trying to calm down Jared and praying I don't fall over. Through the crying Jared was politely asking, "Can I please get up? Please stop."

I have always had a dislike for the dentist.

No comments:

Post a Comment