Tuesday, March 5, 2013

A meaningful conversation

So this afternoon I decided I needed to tell Jared I would be going tomorrow to have surgery. This is how the conversation went:

Me: Tomorrow mom is going to go have surgery on her nose.
Jared: Why?
Me: I have to have the owie on my nose cut off. My nose will look icky afterwards, but I will be ok.
Jared: What type of scissors are they going to use? What doctor?
Me: Hopefully good scissors. Dr. Marsh.
Jared: like Mars Mickey. He looks like clubhouse Mickey, but he isn't. He lives on Mars. He has a thing on his head, but so does clubhouse Mickey. They are on Mars. They look alike. Clubhouse Mickey and Mars Mickey look alike. They have a spaceship....we need a spaceship. Mom, who is going to make our spaceship?
Me: I don't think we will get a spaceship.
Jared: We can use a rocket. Can I get a snack?

Good talk Jared.

4 comments:

  1. I think he took the "talk" in a different direction than you planned. Who does get him the rocket?

    ReplyDelete
  2. There. Is something special about sharing these moments with Jared and having them go off on a totally indorse enable tangent. Too funny !

    ReplyDelete
  3. Make that unforeseeable.
    JZ

    ReplyDelete
  4. So, how was the post-surgical response? Did he make you play ambulance?

    ReplyDelete