Thursday, March 21, 2013

Mischief

With a crawler on the loose, one always has to be aware of potential problems. I feel a little more prepared the second time around. I don't have to worry about moving the breakables, as I gave up on those a long time ago. I know to block the entertainment unit, and cupboards are locked. As I have mentioned before, my challenge has primarily been Jared's toys. Jared loves his scissors and glue. I fear what trouble will ensue once Colton gets ahold of them. A new battle has begun, the register vents. Jared had no interest in these. I was lucky. Unfortunately, Colton's daily task is to pull off the register vents exposing a gaping hole into the unknown world of duck work. He considers himself lucky to stumble upon one when the heat is running, an added bonus. I finally duck taped the kitchen floor one to the floor. It is a very classy look. Colton is already trying to figure out a way to conquer the tape and reclaim the vent. To my knowledge no toy has gone missing. I fear it is only a matter of time before one of the annoying sound toys gets stuck in the on position and is noisily playing "pop goes the weasel" in the floor of our house.

1 comment:

  1. i know a certain aunt who once had many little kiddles and matchbox cars, but only a couple of each were found when the house was completely cleared out. i suspect the sump pump and the basement floor drain looked like great places to put things

    ReplyDelete