Thursday, March 28, 2013

Cougars

As a young child I remember my mother scolding a grocery worker at Eagle grocery store. The clerk had questioned why I was not in school. At the time, I was only in half day kindergarten. My mom did not appreciate the question. From early on, I have anticipated having to do the same for my boys. When I was on maternity leave last spring, a clerk at Target inquired about Jared not being in school. He was TWO!
Despite being prepared for people thinking he is older than he is, today I was caught off guard. Our trip to the park started off so innocent. Colton and Jared were enjoying some time on the swings. Then two girls showed up and joined us on the swings....

Jared: Hey, you can't have a balloon at the park.
Girl #1: It's ok. Do you like my tights? How do I look in them?
Jared: Tights! What are those?
Girl #2: See how high I can swing? My birthday is in December.
Jared: What are you talking about?
Girl #1: I know how to write one word in cursive, do you?
Jared: Huh? No. What are you talking about?
Girl? #1: Are you in kindergarten?
Jared: Nooo
Girl #1: 1st grade?
Jared: Huh?
Girls #1 Preschool?
Me: He is three (tramps)
Girl #2: I am six and she is eight. Are you watching how high I am going?


Eventually, we all leave the swings. The girls run to hug Jared. Jared says, "hey, what is going on?" I would explain it to you Jared, but it is far too complicated.

No comments:

Post a Comment