Saturday, May 25, 2013

Knowing where I stand

Jared is a Super hero fan.  His uncle has hooked him up with some toys, and a custom built Batman city.  His Oma has fashioned him a cape.  He has read a handful of books.  He loves his Super friends.  For the first time I let Jared watch Justice League.  For countless reasons I was against this, but I also knew he would love it.  Seeing as Jared at most gets 30 minutes of TV a day, I decided this weekly 30 minutes couldn't corrupt him too much.  He LOVED iit.  
At dinner he made a proclamation, "When I grow up I am going to be a Super friend."  And so went the conversation...

Me: As long as you always try your hardest you can be anything you want to be.  
Jared: I'm going to be Superman.
Me: Will you bring me flowers when you see me?
Jared: No, I'm going to be pretty busy with Batman catching bad guys.
Me: Will you come and visit?
Jared: No, it's a lot of work catching bad guys.  I won't have time.
Me: maybe on your vacations you can come see me.
Jared: No, I will be with Batman.  I will be all grown up.
Me: But I'm your mom, won't you want to see me?
Jared: not really.
Me: Won't you miss me? I would miss you.
Jared: I would be with Batman.
Me: Can you send me a postcard or email?
Jared: If I have time.  I will be busy catching the bad guys. I will email you.
Me: Will you come home for Christmas?
Jared: Yes.


So, now he plans to be home for Christmas.  I'll really be screwed if he becomes best friends with Santa Claus when he is busy catching bad guys.  

No comments:

Post a Comment