Tuesday, May 7, 2013

Moon shine

I was running late to pick up the boys from daycare. So, I was hoping to quickly run in and out of daycare. I first ran to Jared's room, snatched his coat, but was greeted at the door by his teacher. I figured she was going to thank me for the bagel breakfast I brought in for the staff. She did not. She usually is very cheerful and easy going. Her tone suggested otherwise.
I have never been on the receiving end of negative comments about Jared, so I was not quite prepared for her update. Apparently Jared (when he was outside!) decided to take off his pants/underwear. Two other kids did it first, and Jared decided it was funny so he did it too. The teacher stressed she really only thought Jared did it because the other kids were doing it.
I did my best to fight back laughter to give a stern look to Jared. By the time we were in the car Jared was telling me all about other kids showing him their butt. I quickly determine that this might just be the time to have a more serious talk. Plus, we are running behind schedule. Solution: After dinner Mark and Jared sat down to have an important talk. I wasn't really passing the buck to Mark. I figured they could talk about keeping their guy parts covered and Mark is much better at doing all of this with a straight face. You really have to know your strengths and weaknesses in parenting. Keeping a straight face is my weakness. Especially when it comes to mooning.

No comments:

Post a Comment