Saturday, January 12, 2013

Baby proofing your house with a three year old

It is challenging enough to baby proof your house. Add a three year old to the mix, and it seems like an impossible battle. Fortunately, I have plastic drawers with a latch that the matchbox cars can go in, and the toy box can hold other toys with small parts. The toys seem easy, it's everything else. In the past 48 hours I have removed quite the pile of things from Colton's mouth. He had managed to get a large nut thing in his mouth from Jared's tools. It was too big to choke on, so no worries there. However, when he spit up, it took me a minute to figure out what was not right. Then there was the special crown Jared made from Where the Wild Things Are. It was complete with glitter and glue. Jared loves it. He doesn't know that Colton got a hold of it, ripped it, and decided to try and eat some. We are unrealistically hoping Jared forgets about the crown. Jared loves his paper and pencils. Unfortunately, so does Colton. Jared's juice, is apparently also for Colton. This morning, I had the shocking discovery of Colton's ability to pull himself up to his knees at the toilet. I can only imagine the excitement that will follow the next time Jared has to use the potty. Once he can get stuff off of Jared's table, I will fear for my walls.

No comments:

Post a Comment