Tuesday, January 29, 2013

Indiana kids

I no longer live in Indiana, but Indiana still lives in me. Today I realized I am raising my kids boys to be Indiana boys.
With the return of 60 degree weather, of course I didn't wear socks today. When I got home and took off my shoes, I was barefoot. Jared quickly noticed and asked to take off his socks. We are both loving our foot freedom.
I know my kids will be raised that hockey and baseball don't really matter, but to love a good basketball game. The question is not if we should get a basketball hoop someday, but where we will put it.
Jared already prefers corn on the cob. Why bother any other way?
We our very cautious during tornado watches and warnings.
Lakes are for swimming in. It is not gross, it is nature. Speaking of which, when nature calls they can take care of their business in the lake.
We love our Hoosiers, and will sport an occasional Huskers or Hawk Eye shirt during football season. Purdue is a bad word.
If it isn't raining, cold, or a blizzard, we go outside to play. In the summer, we spend more time outside than inside. Shoes optional.

1 comment:

  1. Yep ! Niece in Indiana didn't really want socks on today. JZ

    ReplyDelete