Saturday, January 12, 2013

Forts

I remember loving to build forts at my aunt's house. My brother, cousin, and I would easily waste away a Saturday in a sheet fortress. The forts engulfed the entire basement, and it was awesome!
Perhaps it is because of those fond memories, or another dreary winter day that inspired me to create a fort. Furniture was moved, and sheets were dug out. After about 20 minutes of work, we had a fort.
As an adult, I have a different view on forts:
1. They are HOT. If we ever lose electricity on a cold winter day, I know how to get warm quickly. With that said, the carbon dioxide might get to me. Not a lot of air flow. Luckily, no one passed out.
2. It is a lot of army crawling, and sitting hunched over. In other words, my neck is sore.
3. The darn thing keeps falling down. This knocks that, which pulls on the sheet. Colton thinks its a fun game, and pulls on the sheet. The easel is moved, and pulls on the sheet. It is a constant construction project, and I am no engineer.
4. What in the world do you do? My misguided hope was Jared would figure out what to do. We get in the fort, and with much anticipation, he looks to me. "Now what, mom." Huh? I don't know. Play something. It's a fort. You do fort things in it, whatever that is.
5. Still a memory maker.

No comments:

Post a Comment