Sunday, January 20, 2013

Imagination

The imagination of a three year old never ceases to amaze me. Recently, Jared has taken on the persona of various people/characters. Tonight at dinner I called Jared to the table, and was quickly reminded he was NOT Jared, he was the librarian. Throughout dinner, we were rebuffed if we slipped and called him Jared. Tonight it was the librarian, other days have been an ambulance driver, minister, and Puff. The perseverance he has to maintain in character is remarkable. I, obviously, struggle with remembering who he is.
At lunch time, Jared had a conversation with a flower. Apparently the flower just didn't want Jared to have any more chips. I'm fairly certain if I got in an argument with a flower my days in the free world would be numbered.
Last week Jared boasted he was going to eat his vegetables to be strong like Superman. Great. Little did I know after dinner I would be using binder clips to fasten a towel around him to become his cape.
When does a pool noodle as a mustache, a coaster as a mouth guard, and a tool box as a firetruck become "child's play?" I'm going to drink some coffee, and pretend it is a magic potion that will give me special mommy powers to tackle any challenge, just the way Jared would like it.

No comments:

Post a Comment