Monday, January 7, 2013

The first sounds

Today was a return to reality. I returned to work, and thus the boys returned to daycare. Experience has taught me the 1st week back can be rough. They're tired, I'm tired, our routine is readjusted. So, upon returning home, I was prepared to deal with some tears, pouting, and whining from Jared. I expected Colton to be clingy. I was ready. Dinner was ready to go, I was ready for my mission: keep the sanity in the house. When we got home, Jared ran to Colton's side. Before long they were in a game of throw and chase the wooden pear. Laughter and squeals of delight were heard from both as they enjoyed being reunited and playing together. The game might still be going on, if I didn't have to put a stop to it. I know, mean mom says no throwing wooden pear at nice furniture. That wooden pear will be the death of me yet! After our first day back to our reality, I am appreciative that our reality includes brothers learning to enjoy and love each other.

No comments:

Post a Comment