Wednesday, January 23, 2013

Trapped


At dinner tonight jarred posed a question, and set his trap. "Do you want to see how a tongue can help us eat our food?" Mark and I exchange looks. Who is going to handle this? We both are aware of the well crafted trap that has been sprung by the three year old. I could say no, but then I am denying him an opportunity to teach me a seemingly valuable health lesson that he thinks I need to know. I don't hardly say yes. The last thing I need to start is a game of looky looky. Jared's eyes are gleaming. He knows he has his prey. I respond, "How about you show us how to eat normal." Too late. He saw his opportunity, and seized it. He proudly licked his plate. To be honest, I breathed a sigh of relief. He still doesn't know looky, looky. Whew.

2 comments:

  1. Oh but looky, looky would be so much fun to play with him!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Certain your Dad was in your thoughts throughout this scenario.

    ReplyDelete