Thursday, January 3, 2013

The wooden pear

This morning Colton made a bee line for the playhouse. Much noise and clutter ensued. Colton emerged, appearing somewhat sad and defeated. It occurred to me he was searching for his wooden pear. A quick assessment determined the pear was not in the playhouse. I searched the playroom and found the lost item. I gave to Colton, and his face lit up as if I just told him he won publisher clearinghouse. It wasn't long before Jared inquired about this pear. "Why does he like it?" "Is that my pear?" "Did I like it when I was a baby?"
At breakfast I have the unfortunate responsibility of prying the pear from Colton's hands. Colton was devastated. Jarred was insistent I give it back. Despite Colton's longing looks, I remained firm; no toys at the table. Jared eagerly awaited the opportunity to be the one to return the wooden pear.
So now the pear appears to be an extension of Colton's right arm. You can hear him coming on wooden floor: click.....click....click

No comments:

Post a Comment